New test results - which CYA results to believe

cincysaab95

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Southwestern, Ohio
Latest test results using TF-100
1100 061408
FC 7.5 (holding steady overnight not losing anything - yay - no algae)
CC 0
TC 7.5
pH 7.2 (where should this be exactly)?
T/A 130 (where should this be exactly)?
CH 100 (vinyl lined pool - should be ok)
CYA 40 when using test kit - Aquacheck strips=0 hth strips=0 - what to believe?

use pool calculator and chemgeek's chart but because of being unsure of the CYA not sure what to do if anything. Have automated chlorinator and am using 3" tabs until I run out so that should be putting some CYA into the pool.

Thanks!

Water still a bit cloudy - appears algae is gone (holding FC numbers overnight)- still trying to clear water - perhaps this is why CYA is hard to read?

Thanks frustratedpoolman & Jason! I imagine I have to wait for the water to be totally clear before I can truly rely on the TF-100 CYA results? As the water is still clearing up after opening to green on 05/28/08.

Also, where should my pH and TA be? I've read a couple different recommendations on this site alone.

Thanks again!

Ideally your PH should be 7.4 - 7.6 and I wouldn't worry about the TA 90-120 is ok. other people have even higher TA and no probs.... you can turn your return upward and let the bubbles break the water surface, this will raise your ph a tad, and lower your TA (aeration). Keep an eye on this tho, for some people it happens quicker than others and if your ph gets above 7.8 - 8 you need to lower it again with muratic acid.

cincysaab95 said:
Thanks frustratedpoolman. I appreciate your input. I recently changed my eyeballs to http://thecirculator.com/ and they seem to break the top of the water at least once a minute or so. This has been the case since about Wednesday. Other than what's been posted on the forums, any other ideas as to how to aerate?

Have a great weekend.

Nope. never really had the issue myself....

You have a great one too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.