Zodiac G2 pool cleaner

Jun 3, 2013
I recently bought a Zodiac G2 Barracuda automatic pool cleaner and I. have a Pentair whisperflo pump. My question is: is it normal for the pressure gauge on my DE filter to drop way down and the water level in the pump reservoir to drop low? Usually it is filled up all the way to the glass.

The water level shouldn't drop. Make sure you purge all the air from the hoses before you connect the cleaner to the skimmer. If anything the pressure may rise a point or 2 when the cleaner is connected. If you have a 2 speed or variable speed pump it should be set on high speed while the cleaner is connected.

I have also found that if my filter is getting near the point where it needs to be cleaned and I try to run my Zodiac Ranger (similar design) it will cause the water level in the pump to drop, however my pressure usually goes up when that happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.