Aqua Pure 1400 SWG - No Flow

Wicked

May 19, 2012
Hi everyone. Last season I installed a new Aqua pure SWG 1400 in my pool (full setup in signature below). Recently I have been having an intermittent problem that continues to become more frequent/permanent. This system has been working great for about 1-1.5 years with truly no issues until the last month or so.

I have been getting a no flow error. My first thought was its time to clean the unit so I did the muriatic acid wash on it. The was some scaling, nothing significant, but looked brand new after clean. I also cleaned the sensor with a light scrub pad per instructions online. Things were ok for a week after this.

I then thought maybe the unit is getting old (although less than 1.5 years old) and my 1500 RPM normal setting on my variable flow pump was too low. So I bumped it to 1750RPM and things were good.

Fast forward to today (2 weeks later) i am getting the same error. Even at high/max flow rates from pump.

When the unit starts and does it initial boot up things are fine and looks good - I get a flow signal and its producing chlorine. But within 5 minutes or so after it goes to no flow.

Thoughts on trouble shooting? I haven't contact Jandy yet as they customer service in the past has been less than helpful - aka they say call a pool "professional"

I am getting no other errors other than no flow also. Thanks!

Double check the connection the sensor cable makes to the board. If the connector is not seated properly the sensor can behave the way you are seeing. Make sure you have the proper flow through the cell, must be a minimum of 40 gpm.

If you are confident that you have the proper flow, then it is most likely the sensor has gone bad, a known problem with the sensors, and will need to be replaced.

ping said:
Double check the connection the sensor cable makes to the board. If the connector is not seated properly the sensor can behave the way you are seeing. Make sure you have the proper flow through the cell, must be a minimum of 40 gpm.

If you are confident that you have the proper flow, then it is most likely the sensor has gone bad, a known problem with the sensors, and will need to be replaced.

Thanks for the info. I will check the connections on the board today. I think that's the only thing I haven't done yet. Is there anyway to test/confirm the sensor is bad? Seems 1-1.5 years is not that old. I hate jus throwing parts/money at a problem without really confirming the parts are bad.

thanks again!

update:

I ended up reading this manual about the connector to the main board. i used the button on the tri-sensor adapter to "calibrate: the flow for the unit per instructions:

"On the tri-sensor adapter, press and hold the
calibration button for five seconds until the "Flow"
indicator is illuminated. See Figure 5."

So far it seems to be ok - I will report back if the no flow errors shows up again soon.

link to manual: http://ak.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/r053 ... lation.pdf

update:

I ended up reading this manual about the connector to the main board. i used the button on the tri-sensor adapter to "calibrate: the flow for the unit per instructions:

"On the tri-sensor adapter, press and hold the
calibration button for five seconds until the "Flow"
indicator is illuminated. See Figure 5."

So far it seems to be ok - I will report back if the no flow errors shows up again soon.

link to manual: http://ak.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/r053 ... lation.pdf

Wicked - I had a similar problem and the adapter's calibration button is exactly what was needed. My "No Flow" message on the LCD is gone, the "Flow" LED is lit, and I'm getting chlorine in my pool again. Thanks for including a link to the sensor manual. I had read through the main manual (for the control panel & salt cell) and there's nothing mentioned about the adapter's calibration button. I guess that's because the adapter is new and they haven't updated the manual to reference it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.