Dreaded Jandy Aquapure problems... 172 & 181

Sep 25, 2012
Orlando, FL
So... I have the dreaded error codes 172 & 181. I've done the front board test and the readings are all within 1-2 from the specs listed in the manuals. That lead me to think it's a trisensor problem. Since it was the older white base sensor I ordered a new black model with the mini flow board. I installed as listed, set the flow button on the board and it's still reading 172 & 181. My multimeter is reading all the AC and DC voltages (fairly close) as well.

I removed the cell and visually everything looks good. No build up since it was recently washed with acid.

Any ideas?

Since I run an Aquapure in manual mode, I'm not familiar with how it ties into all of the automation. After replacing the sensor did you completely cut power to all components? Also, how long have you let it run after it brings up the errors again? Maybe see if it will correct itself several minutes after its startup diagnostics check.

Thanks for the response! The rs8 controls the settings (%'s, boost, etc) but the entire unit is powered on and off with the pump relay. During the installation, I powered it on and off a few times to "reset" the aquapure.

SO... I let the unit run overnight on low speed and sure enough, this morning it was working correctly! It appears it just needed to run through a normal cycle to start. What a relief :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.