Cloudy Water now using bleach

wilssm

Jun 9, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hello I have a 24ft round 4.5ft deep poll 15,000 gallons When I opened it I had black water was able to clear it up now I have blue cloudy water. After reading this post I went to the bleach for chlorine I have finally been able to keep the fc level at 11 overnight running the pump 24/7. See a slight difference in the water how long will it take for pool to become crystal clear. Here are my numbers.
TH-400
FC-10
PH-7.5
TA-120
CYA-50
Thanks Wilssm.

Your numbers look good, what kind of filter/pump do you have and are you running it 24/7?

Also can you post what your CC are?

FYI, your CH is on the high end, especially for an above ground pool. Have you been using a lot of Calcium-Hypo shock treatments?

It takes time for the cloudiness to dissapate after an algae outbreak, black water, huh? Ick.

I'd say bring your shock level up to 15ppm and hold it there over night.

11 doesn't constitute a shock level and you may just have to go a little bit more until it clears.

The bleach is also good because the powder forms can also cause cloudiness.

Keep us posted! 8)

I'd also watch your TA so it doesn't climb anymore. Maybe even try and get it down a bit to 100 with muratic acid after you get your water clear... might even help keep PH from going wild on you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.