Return jet leaking bad

May 16, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi all,

I just cracked my return jet fitting and need some advice. The return jet (waterway that came with skimmer kit) started leaking when I first turned on the pump, so I decided to tighten it slightly with a wrench. The threads between the return and the threaded PVC appeared to match, however, when tightened 1/4 turn with wrench, a crack developed in return. The return is connected with a 1.5" pvc threaded adapter using plumbers paste. Now its leaking pretty good. :( Tried using PVC cement to patch but only made a mess.

I'm trying to find a replacement jet online (amazon overnight delivery), but can not tell which are made for above ground pools. Are there better quality return jets? I'm wondering if the PVC threaded piece was not the same threads as the return.

Please let me know what brand of return jets you would recommend, and any other suggestions to prevent this from occuring again. Thanks! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.