intelliPh acting up

bigdav160

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Klein Tejas
I've had this running for 6 months without any issues other than making me lazy.

Three weeks ago the pH starting creeping up and I wasn't hearing the pump running. Well, the pump self destructed. The rollers broken off-- just a mess.

Two weeks ago I installed a new pump but it doesn't seem to be dispensing. When I remove the outlet line from the pool piping it does dispense around 2 ounces (per event) of acid.

Could the jet device in the pool piping be clogged? Could that have caused the first pump to fail?

How can I tell if there is problem with the jet?

TIA

I just took it out and it rattles just fine. After washing it really well I tried to blow through it. No go

I lent my compressor to my sister so I wasn't able to try compressed air to clear it. I did try a hand pump with no luck.

Strange; in the pentair forum is this comment:
The intelliph does not have a check valve that I am aware of. The injector is a straight through pass with no ball. I opened it up today and verified.

In that same thread they mention this replacement valve. It's inline and doesn't replace the injector/check valve thingy.

I'm leaving to go out of town for a few days and mess with it when I get back.

I'm updating my post. I ordered a Pentair injector online and received a Stenner instead.

It interchanged with the Pentair part perfectly. Before installation, I tried to blow through it. It was hard to tell if any air made it through. It must be a small orifice.

Anyway, the IntelliPh is dispensing again. It is fixed.

Now comes the chicken or the egg dilemma. Did the clogged injector make my pump go out or did the pump self destructing clog the injector.

Time will tell, I guess.

bigdav160

I recently had the same problem with my 1st IntelliPH installed about 14 months ago - pH was increasing and so was the water level in the reservoir. While the valve rattles around it lets water pass. Three months ago I installed another Intelliph at my rental property and noticed the injection check valve was different. I ordered a replacement valve from a distributor on the web. The new valve came in Stenner packaging with the UCDINJ part number and identical to the valve on my newer IntelliPH. In the newer version the assembly comes apart and has a rubber "Duck Bill" that acts a check valve and is replaceable for a couple of bucks. The older valve is not repairable.

Old 521510 Blow Up Cropped.jpg Old Injection Check Valve

New 521510 Cropped.jpg New Pentair 521510/Stenner UCDINJ

New 521510 Blow Up Cropped.jpg New Valve Blowup. The white part in the center is the rubber "Duck Bill"

The new valve solved the problem. I'm going to order a couple of "Duck Bills" for future needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.