Air bubbles on one return

G

We have 4 returns in total. Two at the steps and two other (one in the shallow end and other in the deep end). The one is the deep end has bubbles.

Is this an issue? Why would there be air coming out?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Where is the pump in relation to the returns? Do you have air in the pump or filter?

There must be a way for some air to get trapped in my return plumbing (especially if I only run on low) because I can get lower flow and air out of the furthest return. If I kick the pump up to high, more air will come out there and then stop and then I will have better flow at that just even on low speed.

Pump is lower and about 40 ft from pool. Tried high speed just now and no bubbles. At low speed there are tiny bubbles at both returns.

No air in pump.

How can I tell if there is air in the filter??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

I meant are the bubbles coming out of the nearest return or the furthest from the pump ... although not sure what that would tell us. If your multiport valve is on the top of the filter, you do not have an air release valve to check.

OH!!! Just realized you have a SWG. That is likely the source of your bubbles. On high speed I get a lot of tiny bubbles out of all of my returns, on low speed I get fewer larger bubbles out of my returns. Since my pump is much closer to the pool than yours, not surprising that I see more bubbles.

Try turning the SWG off and see if the bubbles stop.

The process within the cell generates chlorine and hydrogen gas. The chlorine dissolves back into the water, so you are likley just seeing some of the remaining hydrogen ... this is also why you want the SWG to be last, so that the hydrogen gas does not acculumate in something and create an explosion hazard.

Thanks for the help. The SWCG is last. We have the water going from the skimmer and main drain to the filter, then heater, then the SWCG and then back to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.