Two Ports in skimmer bottom. Gizmo to activate second port

Ok, I know there is a post already about two port skimmers but it does not address my problem. I have two skimmers and both have two ports. I also have a main drain which I have never been able to get to work. One of my skimmers has a gizmo that covers the two ports. It looks like a giant sausage cut in half lengthwise, with a port on top and a sliding cover to adjust the size of the port opening. Inside the sausage is a paddle to regulate the skimmer port usage. The gizmo screws into the skimmer bottom and it is used to regulate the amount of suction that goes to skimming vs the suction on the secondary hole, which diverts suction to the main drain (their are instructions on the sausage that confirm this).

My question is this. I need another of these sausage parts. Does anyone know what it is? Part description, number, manufacturer, or anything; so I can order one for the other skimmer. I believe this is the only way I am going to get the main drain to work. If you know the answer, can you text the information to my cell (203-217-2652)?

Re: Two Ports in skimmer bottom. Gizmo to activate second p

Using the term gizmo in this application is going to lead to confusion, because there is a device that plugs into the skimmer for winterization that is actually called a gizmo.

What you are looking for is called a diverter. In Pool School, there is a Visual Encyclopedia of Pool Equipment that is useful for finding things when you don't know the name. Here is what I think you are looking for:
joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg

gmessier said:
That is it!

Admonishment accepted, but I still don't know who makes it, the model number, etc. need to order one and picture of what I can see outside isn't helping.

Do we know who makes this product?
Start looking at the rest of the skimmer for any brand names or part numbers. Once you have a clue, it should be easy to track down the missing part.

gmessier said:
That is it!

Admonishment accepted, but I still don't know who makes it, the model number, etc. need to order one and picture of what I can see outside isn't helping.

Do we know who makes this product?

The one in the picture is a Hayward.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VTG7EE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.