Confused on automation

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
Hello - My pool is near complete. It is an in ground pool with Pentair equipment:

Pentair cartridge filter
Pentair vs pump
Pentair Intellichlor 60
buster pump for legend cleaner
incandescent light (hope to upgrade to led someday)
and a waterfall

What controller do I need, I would like to automate cleaning, pump speeds for circulation, pump speeds for waterfall and lights. I would like to adjust the swg in finer increments that the 20%.

What will work? suntouch, easy touch I know will work but is more expensive, or intermatic multiwave, something not mentioned?

Thank you,

anthony

SunTouch is an good, economical, choice that will do everything you mentioned, though with little room for expansion beyond that. EasyTouch has all kinds of expansion room beyond that, but it is hard to justify the extra cost unless you are confident you will be adding things on soon. An Intermatic Multiwave is fine for what you listed, but it doesn't save all that much money, and won't control the SWG. You could of course do this with nothing but a timer a few switches, but that would mean manually changing both a valve and the pump speed to turn on or off the waterfall and again not give you the extra control over the SWG.

Pentair Easytouch is a good system.

Have installed several of them and allows you to automate just about anything you want.

Also you can get wireless controllers and or Iphone access.

There is a 4 circuit and 8 circuit system. The 8 just has more options for expansion

Also will control your IC60 and pump speed if you have a Pentair or StaRite Variable Speed Pump.

If your spending money on a high end pool it's 1000 well spent in my opinion.

aiannar974 said:
thank you for the information, it was an option with the build, i did not think I would wnat or need with no spa or heater and now i am second guessing that plan.

Normally with just a pool you wouldn't need automation. However, once you start adding things like multi speed pumps, lighting and other features, you might want automation. Like JasonLion said, Suntouch would be a great inexpensive system but leaves little room for any expansion, not sure what else you could add. Easytouch is the next level up.

It sounds like the suntouch has some issues around working valves and pumps speeds independent and together. But, would have enough horsepower for what i am thinkinking right now. your right, what else could i add, maybe some outdoor lighting but i could use other options for this. I have to say, pentair's website leaves a lot to be desired. Really not geared at the consumer.

Anthony

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.