Color logic LED lights with dark or black liner?

BQ

Jul 15, 2013
Anyone have any photos or experience with a dark liner like black granite and color LED lights?
I'm interested in led for the energy efficiency and having the color is a nice bonus. But I'm concerned the dark pool won't bounce the light enough. Photos or video would be ideal.
Thanks
BQ

We have a black pebble plaster pool and LED color changing lights. You are correct in that the light does not reflect off the plaster like it would with a lighter color but we love the effect that the lights create. You are essentially lighting only the water and the pebbles so it is a much more subtle look. I will try and get you some pictures.

Scott

We have black granite liner and Pentair color lights. Colors are deep but look great in our opinion. The only color I really don't like is the red....looks a bit eerie but DH thinks its "cool". Will try to post photo if weather breaks.

Ksnewman said:
The only color I really don't like is the red....looks a bit eerie but DH thinks its "cool".
I agree that the red is eerie and reminds me of Shark Week, but also cool. Our thing when the red does come on is to yell "red" and everyone in the pool has to go underwater for the red cycle.

Our surface is gray plaster so I'll hold off on pictures and let the black granite folks come through.

Reactions: Staceyleah22
Night shot with blue LED lights.

pupy6a6y.jpg

e9ugu4yg.jpg

qydeda2u.jpg

My entire house is outfitted with LED lights.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have 2 in a granite grey liner pool. In hindsight we would have gone with 3 as the light output isn't tremendous.
The LED's light the water only unlike traditional lights that are brighter and light the pool surroundings.

We have 2 in a granite grey liner pool. In hindsight we would have gone with 3 as the light output isn't tremendous.
The LED's light the water only unlike traditional lights that are brighter and light the pool surroundings.

Any chance for any pictures of how it looks with lights on? We have 18x38 in ground liner and are getting liner replaced...going with a dark liner. Current plan is to install 3 GLO-BRITE LED's along the length of the pool. Have similar concerns that are voiced in this post about how lighting will look at night with such a dark liner.

Thanks!

Red lights on at our house mean "adults only - swim wear optional". 😆😆 They're literally called "Red Light Nights", and with a couple cocktails, a good skinny dip with the spouse, or with my girlfriends (that I've known for 30+ years)... it's the most functional use for the red light we've found. 🤣😅🥳🙈

Reactions: Staceyleah22
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.