Proper ground prep to keep level?

xanadu

Jun 24, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
3 years ago we bought our Intex inflatable 18'. I leveled the ground off, put a tarp down, and then put 4" of sand down inside a 2x4 wooden octagon ring. I then compacted the sand with a power packer, leveled it all off again, and then put another tarp on top of it.
The first year the pool was bang on level. The 2nd year when I put it up, I had to level the one end 1-1/2" down as it had lifted for some reason. This year I leveled the sand off again, compacted, and now 1/2 way through the season its almost 3" out of level on the one end (same end as last year).
For some reason the ground is shifting. We want to get a hardwall AGP in the next couple of years, but I do not want this happening. What is the best thing to do?

The sand is not washing away, everything looks fine. It just looks like the ground is shifting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.