Fed up with Hayward Colorlogic

Aug 2, 2013
My pool was built in 2009, and so far my Pentair Whisperflow pump, Aquarite salt system and Hayward Colorlogic light have failed....all in year 4, so not under warranty. I refuse to pay $1000 for another Colorlogic light that was supposed to last 100,000 hours, and want to replace it with a Hayward regular white light. What do I need to look out for when selecting one? As long as I replace it with a Hayward, it should fit the niche, right? I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Thanks so much!

It would be nice to know which niche you have but it should be a standard niche and a regular pool light should fit.

On a side note: did all the equipment fail close to the same time? Sounds like a power issue for all of them to fail in the same year.

Hi...no, they didn't all fail at the same time, but within a few months of each other. If they had, I would have assumed a lightning strike, since I live in Florida. Bearings went out in the pump, circuit board in the salt system, and the light came on, blinked rapidly and then died forever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.