TF-100 Kit on the way......Question in the mean time

offshorecca

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Santa Fe, Texas
Ok,
I have my first pool up a little less then two weeks. I already ordered the TF-100 but it is not here yet. Anyways my question is I have well water with metal in it, I used Jacks Magic "Blue Stuff" a whole 32oz bottle. Man worked great over night and pool was looking good. It only lasted two days and went back to the way it was. While I don't mind putting more in it can get expensive every 2 days which I did add another half bottle......Here is my latest test from LESLIE'S while I wait on my TF-100. I also brought my FC up the next day after I adding Jacks. (FC was 3 when I added Jacks)

FC 6
TC 6
CA 50
TA 130
PH 7.0

1) What can I do to make it last longer
2) Is there another product other then Jacks ($26.00 32 oz) that is less expensive?
3) Is that normal to have to keep adding that much every few days?

Attachments

• Pool Pic..jpg
    Pool Pic..jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Pool Ladder Blue.jpg
    Pool Ladder Blue.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 160
I have read the article but was hoping to get somebody that has experienced this problem before. I thought it turned pretty dang fast, so hoping once I get enough in there then a weekly maintence program with just a few ounces added every week will work.

It looks like you have a lot of metal in the water based on how greent he water turned, so you may need to use more sequestrant than others ... hopefully someone with similar issues can chime in.

I believe that green color to be triggered by the addition of chlorine. It precipitates the iron out of your water and, the good news is, if you run the filter 24/7, I think that iron (just that which precipitated...not all of it) will filter out.

In time, the water will turn back to blue and you will have less iron to deal with. I can't tell you how long that will take (in my pool, 3 days is pretty close) nor can I tell you for a fact I am correct.

If you have one, can you add your refill water through a water softener? That'll eliminate the problem in time.

I have mild iron in my water so when i fill i run the hose through a homemade prefilter of craft batting and a tube sock it removes most of my issue. You might try a similar method fastened over a return to help filter out some of the stuff

RE: Update TF-100 Kit on the way......Question in the mean

Ok, TF-100 should be here hopefully tomorrow or Saturday if UPS delivers. In the mean time should I add Muriatic Acid to lower the PH and some Bleach for more Chlorine? Or just wait for the TF-100 so I can get better results? Here are todays pic. & cheapo test results

Attachments

• Pool Chlorine Test.jpeg
    Pool Chlorine Test.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Ladder 3.jpeg
    Ladder 3.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 59

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you chose UPS as the shipper for your TF-100, you should have received a "shipped" notice from them with an expected delivery date (which they meet about 99% of the time). Check your email you provided us when you ordered. Unfortunately, they do not deliver on Saturdays (without a HUGE premium)

About to do my first SLAM

mod edit: Please keep you posts on this issue in the same thread so that we know the history. Thanks, linen

Ok, my new test kit will be here today. If everything is right I am going to start slamming this afternoon. Here is my question, Since I have a lot of metals in the water and I am sure the bleach will affect my sequestrants agents already in the water. What should I do about it? Slam it and wait for the to levels of FC come down and add some sequestrants?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.