muriatic acid or dry acids, where to buy in Dallas

Aug 5, 2013
I just got a new 14' x 48'' above the ground pool and I am using the BBB method. I am trying to balance my ph as it increase every other day. I just wonder what will be cheaper: muriatic acid or dry acids? and where to get them. I live in Dallas Texas

Muriatic is my strong preference and what I always suggest. Dry acid can add things you don't want like sulfates. Any hardware store will have it, often near the paint section. Some big box stores keep some with the pool stuff seasonally. Look on the label and make sure it is 31.45% strength.

partypond said:
Welcome neighbor. I get my MA from Home Depot. It is usually outside by the pool stuff.

Verify that it is not now half strength 14% stuff for the same price ... HD and Lowes have switched by me.

I think the 31% can still be found inside maybe near paint?

I have seen MA at Kroger and it's the 31.45% stuff. Also have found it at Lowe's and HD - so far, the one's here are holding the line and are still carrying the 31.45% concentration but I always check the label each time to make sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.