Problems-- Fiber for sand filter and stains

Jul 7, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Hello from SC coast. I am new to post but have been reading the posts for a while. I have converted my chlorine pool to SWG and busy trying to get water crystal clear. I added some Fiber stuff but waited 48 hrs instead of 24 and now need to 1.) clear my sand filter because it doesn't drop PSI with back wash--any ideas. Cleaner or more back wash. . 2.) Also I have stains just on the wall and a few areas in the pool. It seems like stain from algae that remained too long on side and areas in the bottom. Will the metal stain cleaner draw copper from my heater? Most of bottom is Diamond Brite Blue. 3) anyone think a + B epoxy will fill the small areas where the Diamond Brite has chipped off or worned to show the concrete.

Jmark

SWG-8,000 concrete pool, 15 x 20 x 4 kidney shape pool temp about 85 degrees.

There's an article on pool school for deep cleaning a sand filter. Basically take a garden hose with the water running, put in the top of the filter with the valve removed and slowly poke it gently down to the bottom is several places so the crud floats out the top.

When adding fiber or DE to a sand filter, add just enough to raise the pressure 1 psi. It should be removed from the filter along with collected debris during normal backwash.