Trting to deep clean the sand filter

Jul 21, 2013
Took off the lid to the sand filter, placed the hose into the sand bed, turned water on filled to the top. I went inside and when I came back out water was not running over the top. Is there a reason as to why? Where should I have my multiport turned to closed position?

CalebsDad said:
Took off the lid to the sand filter, placed the hose into the sand bed, turned water on filled to the top. I went inside and when I came back out water was not running over the top. Is there a reason as to why? Where should I have my multiport turned to closed position?
That would be my guess. All you're doing right now is filling the pool via the filter.

If the multi-port is closed and working correctly, there is no other place for the water to go except out the top.

Since it is apparently not, your multi-port must be letting water pass through back to the pool.....there is really no other path.

You will need to disassemble the multiport and probably find the spider gasket damaged or misaligned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.