D. E. Powder coming back into the pool

jtodd8

Aug 2, 2007
I have a 16 x 40 pool with a saltwater generator I have a Nautilus F.N.S. 60 filter I believe it is made by pac fab My problem is that I have de powder coming back into the pool I have manually and chemically cleaned the grids I do not see any holes or tears I have replaced all the o-rings that I can find, have replaced the spider gasket in the multi-port valve and I am almost 100% sure that it is not coming from there. Can anyone tell me what other problems could be causing the de powder to go back into the pool please help dont know wher to go next

Take a close look at the manifold at the top of the grid assembly. Look for cracks or for grids that aren't fully seated into it.

Also look at the air vent strainer that should be on top of the manifold. They are often a source for DE passing through the filter.

jtodd8 said:
I have a 16 x 40 pool with a saltwater generator I have a Nautilus F.N.S. 60 filter I believe it is made by pac fab My problem is that I have de powder coming back into the pool I have manually and chemically cleaned the grids I do not see any holes or tears I have replaced all the o-rings that I can find, have replaced the spider gasket in the multi-port valve and I am almost 100% sure that it is not coming from there. Can anyone tell me what other problems could be causing the de powder to go back into the pool please help dont know wher to go next

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.