FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!

zea3 said:
I don't see any skin in those teeth, since that is what y'all won by! :lol:
LOL! Good one, zea3!

I seem to remember a team last year that lost one game and went on to win the National Championship. Season ain't over yet! In any event, I'm a week closer to attending an A&M game in person along with the obligatory (and much looked forward to) visit to The Dixie Chicken. What's wrong with having a beer at 8:00AM (or whenever they open on that particular game day) along with homemade burgers and fries to wash it down with? :mrgreen:

Just getting back from an A&M weekend...

Mandatory pregame ritual is a visit to The Dixie Chicken. First (of many) beers was at 9:59 AM. Washed them down with a Double Meat & Cheese Freddy Burger w/ Cheddar Fries (made with real cheese - no glue cheese here!)
[attachment=2:142ytmxj]TheChicken.jpg[/attachment:142ytmxj]

The Dixie Chicken's official pet rattlesnake:
[attachment=1:142ytmxj]Rattlesnake.jpg[/attachment:142ytmxj]

The A&M Band's halftime show. As big a part of the game as the game itself.
[attachment=0:142ytmxj]TAMUBand_Diamonds.jpg[/attachment:142ytmxj]

Oh yeah...A&M won over SMU 42-13 and Johnny conducted himself well!

Now it's into the pool for the morning workout to begin working off this weekend's aberration from my normal diet.

Attachments

• TheChicken.jpg
    TheChicken.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Rattlesnake.jpg
    Rattlesnake.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
  • TAMUBand_Diamonds.jpg
    TAMUBand_Diamonds.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 34
It is impossible to appreciate the Aggie Band to it's full extent other than being there....even videos don't seem to capture the absolute precision. It is unlike any other.

While not exactly a world traveler, I have attended many football games in some pretty big stadiums. Generally, it seems most fans rush to the concessions (or the parking lot) at half time.

At Texas A&M, 80,000+ people stay in the stadium and stand up and cheer when the band takes the field.......practically the same as when the football team enters. It is a memorable experience.

Thanks for the great pics, Bo. I'll be at the Chicken Oil Co and Dixie Chicken on Nov 9th.

pwrstrk said:
Dixie Chicken, sounds like an awesome place. Should've taken a pic of that burger !! Betcha that was good.
I was looking forward to the visit to the Dixie Chicken, the Freddy Burger & fries, and the beer as much as the game itself. These burgers are made to order. The burger looked so good, I dug into it well before I thought about taking a pic. Definitely an indulgence. As good as it is, I couldn't eat like this on a daily basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.