Pool Level drops on occasion & so does Jacuzzi (Help)

Aug 4, 2013
Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am a novice on pool knowledge and thought that would it be ok as I would hire professionals to handle all of my pool needs. Well, that has not worked out and I have decided to take control in finding a solution for my pool trouble.

In a nutshell, the water level in my pool drops faster than normal evaporation on occasion but not consistently. Also, this happens on my Jacuzzi as well but I have not noticed the problem happening simultaneously with the pool level. It seems to alternate back and forth but in a random fashion.

My pool contractor had a leak detection company come out and they advised me that the quartz ledger stone wall stone must me leaking as they found no other problems and that I needed to rip it out and reinstall it. All of the lines were pressure checked and they dived my pool. For the record, the pool was completely rebuilt two years ago. The stone is partially submerged and according to the leak detection company the water stops dropping once it reaches a level below the stone. The problem I have with this conclusion is that the pool level does not consistently drop. Also, there are times when the Jacuzzi level drops and the pool doesn’t. My pool contractor seems to agree with me but he is not reliable in finding a solution and has not returned in over one month to find the solution.

As a side note, I ran the Jacuzzi last night in spa mode and woke up this morning with my Jacuzzi level down about four inches exposing the Jacuzzi wall. This seems to usually happen after I have been in the Jacuzzi having just operated in spa mode.

My Jacuzzi level is above my pool level and has a overflowing water fall that runs into the pool when I have the equipment running in pool mode.

My initial reaction was that I must have some type of valve that has gone bad. When we rebuilt the pool I had a bad pool valve. In fact, a flapper was missing when one of the valves was inspected. I have always been concerned that this piece is still floating around my pool pipes. Also, when I run my booster pump sometimes I am able to get my jets to flow and sometimes they do not.

With everything said, do you have any thoughts? Also, if a valve or pump is bad, why would my pool level drop more than normal (not drastic) and inconsistently?

I sincerely appreciate your input. Also, I am in south orange county California. If you could give me a referral to someone that is qualified that might be the easiest solution.

Sincerely,

Terry

Air coming out means that you have an air leak. It could be that it doesn't leak water but every once in a while. The leak detection company would only find it if it happened to be leaking while they were there.

An air leak is going to be on the suction side of the filter. Common places are the pump basket lid seal, pump drain plugs, valve seals and stems, and low water level, sticking weir.

The sticking check valve could cause both issues.

Thanks for all of the feed back. So, I also had my system running in spa mode tonight and when I went to shut it off I realized that it also said the pool mode was on. It seems to also turn pool mode on when I turn the spa mode on. Is that normal? I have never noticed warm water going in my pool when the spa is running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.