Request recs on Skimlite pole - which model: 1612 or 3012?

May 1, 2012
After searching the forums, these posts convinced me to look for and buy a Skimlite pole. I've had the same experience with the cheap aluminum poles getting crushed and/or cracking and not holding onto the brush at the end.

pool-pole-replacement-questions-t50286.html
anyone-use-a-skimlite-brand-pole-t26542.html
telescopic-pole-where-to-get-a-decent-one-t8938.html

After perusing the Skimlite website, I've settled on either a 1612 (light-duty Eliptilock 6' to 12') or a 3012 (heavy-duty Eliptilock 6' to 12'). But their website is light on details like how heavy these poles are or what the heck is the difference between light duty and heavy duty. Can anyone out there shed any light on this?

BTW, isn't also a little strange how you can't find these poles in very many online stores? So far I've only found a few scant models and only in a few smaller stores.

Thanks!

_Khalid

Re: Request recs on Skimlite pole - which model: 1612 or 301

I once tried to mail order blinds for a 12' long window. After the 3rd one was damaged in transit I gave up and ordered 3 separate blinds to fit the space.

Perhaps the pool poles are similar, too often damage in transit to try to ship individually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.