Replacement Led lights

Partsjockey

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Ottawa,Ontario
Hello everyone Newbie here. Great site, lots of very helpful information. Just had a new pool installed In ground, vinyl looks like a mountain lake 20x24x40 this is what we have for equipment Hayward super II pump 1.5 hp, auto Hayward pl-p4 cul,aqua sk-2 lights raypak r8350ti-e, filter is a Hayward C3030. That said and done, we would like to upgrade to LED lights and get a robot cleaner. The company that sold us this pool has terrible service, the salesman reminds me of a snake oil salesman from days gone bye. Anyways any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and great site

Sometimes it's like that. You need to remember, this site is primarily focused on keeping your pool looking great, with things like lighting added in as an extra.

That being said, how are you with home built electronics? Could you find a way to make your own waterproof replacements?

1W and 5W LEDs are relatively inexpensive, when bought from places like eBay and Dealextreme, along with the driver circuits.

Reason I suggested that is while I'm no great master at electronics, I have built a good light set for my work recumbent cargo trike. I figured if I could to that, others might be able to do similar for other applications.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.