After SLAMing...What Now?

Jun 16, 2013
Massachusetts
Just finished SLAMing the pool and its crystal clear. So, now what? When should I start testing the other readings and when would testing become accurate again after the SLAM process. I have a FC reading of 6 and according to the CYA chart I should be at a FC reading of eventually of 4. It is time to start dialing my SWG down? Just finished SLAM yesterday.

Also, on a side note, my sister-in-law went swiming during the SLAM wearing a sliver braclet. I'm 100% positive that my shock level of chlorine was at safe swimming levels. Any idea what migh have caused this??

Shock level caused what with a Silver bracelet? Tarnish? Silver tarnishes easily and even low levels of Chlorine will accelerate it. Just exposing it to highly conductive water will as well with no Chlorine present.

Yes, test everything else now... it is fine. The pH drop test is affected by high Chlorine (10+ PPM FC) but you could still run everything else during SLAM if you wanted too with accuracy. Maybe time to dial down the SWG if you are consistently above target. FC 6 of PPM ain't too shabby though. A little high yes, but I swim in more most of the time with no ill effects with CYA at 40-50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.