PB60 booster pump problem

Aug 3, 2013
When I turn on the booster pump, it's on for a min or so, and then it's off. After a few mins, it's on again for a min, and off again. The pool was built in 2009 so it shouldn't be worn out this fast.

The Polaris 280 cleaner doesn't work at the same time - it's floating and not moving at all.

So right now I'm a little confused - not sure if it's the cleaner cause the pump not working? or it's the pump that cause the cleaner not working...

Anyone had this simiar problem and have it solved?

Thank you for your help!

no the pump is not on timer. The pump sound normal when it's running.

Also this morning I found some leak under the booster pump - don't know what's this again...

Before we found the booster pump problem, we just had someone cleaned the filter.

Here are some pics -

the pump and the around area/valves - the very left outside pump is the booster pump; The one right next to it is the filter pump
Then the label on the pump - not sure if that's what you meant
And the cleaner floating in the pool.

When the pump is on, the cleaner still float and not working. Two things I'm not sure if it's right -

1) When I lift up the backup valve out of water, I can see water still coming out from the back up valve, just not as much as when the pump is on;
2) when the backup valve is out of water, the jet still spills water, not stop, but just not as hard as when the pump is on;

Thanks.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 39
  • label.jpg
    label.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 39
  • cleaner.jpg
    cleaner.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 39
From what I see you need to get all the air out of the cleaner. It's got air trapped in it. That's what is causing it to float.

Let me make sure I understand. The pump motor is starting and stopping? Or is just the water flow stopping and starting and the pump keeps running?

Not sure what you mean by timer. We do have a schedule for cleaner, which is from 1pm to 6pm. But currently the pump problem is it's on for a min and off for 5 mins, and on again....

we've changed a new pump. but seems the new pump still has the same problem, but this time it's on for 10mins, and off, and then on again...

if it's due to over heat, what could cause the overheat?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.