Jack's Magic Fiber Clear

Jul 7, 2013
Beaufort, SC
What about Jack's Magic Fiber Clear? I have bought a couple of bags and it claims to capture as good as DE filters and recommeds that DE user switch to Jack's magic. Anyone tried it? Makes sense to me to get the fine suspended algae particles.

All of the fiber products are about the same as each other and all of them work reasonably well. In a DE filter, some people like them a little better than DE, some a little worse. As an additive for sand filters, DE is a little better, but the difference isn't all that big and fiber works fine.

I use this product seasonally to cut down on the small particles that get blown in if we get a stretch of windy days. These small "floaties" are most visible when the pool light is on - do not notice them during the day. What can I say...I have a case of pool sparkly-itis :mrgreen: The product helps filter out these small particles better than sand alone. I have had good results with it. It is added to a sand filter just like DE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.