Bronze Travertine Liner

Aug 3, 2013
Our pool starts this week. I've been unable to search for liner colors on her, but am new so please bear with. Wish there was a forum for pics just for that. SO sorry if this is a question ad nauseam, but I'm researching liners and love the new bronze travertine bottom pattern from vynall. Since we are having a natural rock waterfall being installed as a jumping ledge into the pool we want it to look as natural as possible, so no border. I want a more Caribbean feel so am considering sandstone, but don't love how brown it is in the shallows. Any links or photos would be much appreciated!! :hammer:

The color looks fine in the shallow, but I agree that it's not so great on my sundeck (18")

8625142990_be9deb5a8e_b.jpg

8666508938_0ef143a09e_b.jpg

8667427590_0fa18aa52a_b.jpg

9002451924_a9c8a1b9a7_b.jpg

George,
Thank you! Your pool is beautiful! I still really love the color of the water, so I may just have to deal with the sundeck being very natural. Mine is a bump out on the pool shape so I may even just use a textured gray on that and the stairs. Decisions, decisions...
Jodi

Jodi, I'll be honest with you, if I had to do it over again I think I would have done the whole sundeck and stair area as Gunite and the rest leave as vinyl. We originally wanted to be able to put chairs in the sundeck area and convinced ourselves that we would be careful, but once the pool was in we were too scared to try it. I also think the steps are a little slippery due to the smooth nature of the vinyl.

Thanks for compliment FamilyGuy!

George,
we looked into the gunite option and because of cost have decided against it. There is also the harsh winter considerations and the potential of the gunite cracking in such a shallow depth of water during periods of freeze/thaw as is common here in Western PA. So as much a I prefer the look and functionality of the gunite, we are still going vinyl. Are your stairs/sunledge made with the textured vinyl? Does that help with slip any? There are chairs out there that are all foam that are more like a back rest only that I have been looking into. I wonder whether or not the steel support inside would come in contact and affect the liner? http://www.frontgate.com/folding-poolsi ... istIndex=8

I think those chairs would work great, I may have to pick up a couple. I don't think my pool has the textured vinyl, I didn't even know they made different textures. It's really not too bad, you just need to have a little care when going down the stairs. I slipped once and now I know better!

I'm assuming your pool will have cement walls? Let me know if you'd like to see any pics of the process, I have a bunch of them. Good Luck with your build.

yes, there is a stair/ledge vinyl that is textured for slip resistance. Good to know that it will probably add something then. We will have steel walls and a cement/vermiculite floor. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
this is before the concrete was stained and landscape/fence, etc. but I LOVE this liner. it's a gli pool products, "torino" pattern without a border. I had the textured finish put onto the steps and tanning ledge. which I would NEVER live without. no slipping! but I have people literally knee down to touch this liner because they do not believe that it is vinyl and not gunite. Warning though, when it first goes in the water is green!!! as soon as your chemicals/ph balance it turns the most glorious shade of Caribbean blue. Which is a bonus because I can tell by the color of the water when my water is out of whack! so as long as it's blue, the salt chlorinator is working just fine.

Attachments

• DSC_6407.jpg
    DSC_6407.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_6406.jpg
    DSC_6406.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 223
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.