fc level

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hello boffins

I am just getting to grips with this site :p and you say that fc should be between 3-7 but my test kit indicates a level of 1-2 can someone explain the difference. I know that each pool has slight differences but how do you work out what these are :wave:

test kit recommendations don't take into account cya levels. they recommend 1-2 ppm fc and then shock weekly. if you maintain fc levels per cya readings then you never have to shock and pool stays sparkling.

It's all because the pool industry refuses to acknowledge the relationship between CYA and chlorine. CYA buffers the chlorine. In fact, there is more active chlorine in tap water (unless you have a well) than there is in a pool that is stabilized by the CYA.

Dam
My test kit only measures fc to 5 in a colour scale of 0.5-1-1.5-2-3-5 and the recommended value is 7 ish I will just have to spend some money and get a good test kit luckily I have some friends visiting this month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.