Replacing Salt Cell

Feb 26, 2012
All
I'm pretty sure my salt cell has died. Its only 2.5 years old as the original owner replaced it on Mar 2011. Wont generate chlorine cause it reads a low salt (2300) used salt test strips which tell me it;s closer to 3400. Test water and chlorine is not being generated as I am having to temporarily add bleach to keep it decent.

Anyway wanting to find out how do I know what kind of cell i can replace it with or is compatible. I have the AquaLogic PS8, the current salt cell is a Hayward Turbocell GLX-T-5. (20k gallon) Would like to avoiding getting this one again as its a bit pricier than some other options.

How much are you looking to spend, the T-5 cell is only $210 on amazon? You should be able to use the T-15 cell and run it at a lower % and get longer life out of the cell, but it does cost more.

Ah okay the 15k gallon one. Its different that what i currently have (turbocell glx-cell-5). How would i know if this linked salt cell is compatible with myb aqualogic PS8 automated system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.