Disolved CYA and shutting off pump

Jun 17, 2011
Central Iowa
Hello all! Day 2 complete of our new pool and BBB method is coming along nice. I just dissolved 24oz of stabilizer in a sock in the skimmer basket. All was dissolved and sock empty after some squishing around in about 3-4 hours. Can I turn the pump off for the night or should I let it run all night? It's been running all day so thought I would give her a break.
Thanks!

As for testing the CYA , I would still wait another 5-7 days. If you test too early, there's a risk that you may get a lower reading and you might be tempted to add more causing you to overshoot your target. CYA is one of those things that is much easier to add/increase than it is to lower.

Thanks, I added 48 oz of stabilizer which should bring me to 21. I'm thinking I will need another lb but wanted to wait a week and test to become confident in my testing and calculations. As you mentioned I would rather be a bit short and add a little more than overshoot and be at a level higher than I wanted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I take it you have a solar cover. With a really sunny hot day leave the cover off. You'll get better heating that way. The cover is good at keeping the temp in the water at night so you don't get heat loss due to evaporation.

I've already taken my cover off in the morning before the sun comes up and had steam coming off the water. Air temp was lower than pool water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I did that Thursday, high of 82 but left it on today 85. It's pretty hard for me to get it on and off weekdays by myself...ok dang near impossible! It's been so cool here the past couple weeks for July, high 70's low 80's. Just when I get my pool fill mother nature decides it's September! They have high's in the 70's for next weekend too. :grrrr: I guess it's better than rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.