Which setting to use in Pool Calc if SWCG is barely working?

BruceInCola

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
My SWCG is functioning at around 35%, and I assume it is helping somewhat in terms of reducing the amount of liquid bleach I need to add, but not much.

Having said that, which setting in the pool calc would you guys recommend I use? I think it states "what is the PRIMARY source of chlorine in your pool?", which would be liquid bleach currently, due to the underperforming SWCG. Does the fact that my pool is fully "salted" change anything in terms of the chemistry?

Or is the "SWG" setting valid assuming that you have a fully functioning SWCG?

Thanks!

Re: Which setting to use in Pool Calc if SWCG is barely work

I would use the liquid setting as it will be a little more aggressive with the chlorine. You are not getting all the benefits you get while using a SWG full time.

Re: Which setting to use in Pool Calc if SWCG is barely work

I have it set at max, but the gauge is only showing 35%...production? Interestingly, if I hit, BOOST, and leave it there for several hours, it seems to actually work, and I need to supplement with less bleach than normal, but not sure if the thing is designed to run at BOOST every day for 8 hours (not to mention I would have to manually turn that on every day at the pump).

After cleaning the cel, and making sure power was getting to the cel from the base unit, I noticed that I needed to add bleach slightly less (and less amount as well) than before (when I didn't even have the SWCG on), but not nearly as much less as I was expecting.

I am sure the cel needs replacing, but ugh...$400? And the unit is probably old enough that I should just replace the whole thing...so in actuality it would be closer to $700 or $800 probably, if not more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.