New pics... and a video

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Some shots from yesterday. As you can see I am busy aerating (fountain and compressor) to get that TA down!!!

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

Video: http://www.durrantfamily.com/movies/aerating.wmv

Thanks all!

BBB is working well!!! My TA is at 180 (from 280 several weeks ago). I think I have used just under two gallons of MA. My CYA is rising as well.. currently at 30 (after being at 0) after adding 8lbs of stabilizer over a span of three weeks. So I am getting close! Hopefully everything will be spot on in a couple more weeks.

Justin

I got the fountain off of eBay. Search for AquaGlow Rainbow Fountain. Yes, it simply connects to the water house. It also comes with attachments to hook it to your returns.

I should have taken some pics of my setup. Our PH was like 6.9 and I needed to bring it up fast. The return breaking surface wasn't fast enough, so I got a little "Redneck" in my aproach. I ductaped a 5 foot section of 2" PVC pipe(leftover from piping) to a 10' piece of that flexible drain hose that you put on a downspout and taped that to an electric leafblower. Then I made the PVC stay under by putting it between the rungs on our ladder and turned it on. It looked AWESOME and the PH went from 6.9 to 7.3 in just over 1.5 hours. Just make sure the leaf blower doesn't fall into the water.

HTH,
Adam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jjdurrant,

Very nice pool that you have. And such clear water too!

Some of the pictures show a clear 90 degree elbow. Can you tell me more about these? Why did the poolbuilder use these instead of "normal" elbows?

Thanks!

Titanium

jjdurrant said:
Thanks all!

BBB is working well!!! My TA is at 180 (from 280 several weeks ago). I think I have used just under two gallons of MA. My CYA is rising as well.. currently at 30 (after being at 0) after adding 8lbs of stabilizer over a span of three weeks. So I am getting close! Hopefully everything will be spot on in a couple more weeks.

Justin
Justin,

In theory, every 10 ppm TA reduction in your 25,000 gallon pool takes 8 cups of full-strength Muriatic Acid (31.45% Hydrochloric Acid) so that would be 5 gallons. So I'm not sure why you were able to use so much less. The CYA doesn't have any effect on the MA amount as the CYA acidity is offset by it's increase to TA.

Also, the rate of drop seems slower than usual. Is your pool at a pH of 7.0 or 7.2 or are you just keeping it closer to 7.5 and not minding taking longer to get the TA lower?

Richard

Some of the pictures show a clear 90 degree elbow. Can you tell me more about these? Why did the poolbuilder use these instead of "normal" elbows?

Most "sweep" 90's are not schedule 40 and subsequently not pressure rated nearly as high if at all. Many builders insist on using only scedule 40 PVC.

I have good success with sweep 90's because pool pressures are far, far below the ratings of schedule 40. IMO, schedule 40 on a pool is somewhat similar to wearing a belt with suspenders except on buried pipe for the crush resistance.

Hydraulically, I think the sched40 90's add little resistance as opposed to the sweeps but they obviously add some....I'm not sure.

Aesthetically, the sweep 90's seem a little more appealing to me...not sure why.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.