Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pics... and a video

1. Back To Top    #1

New pics... and a video

Some shots from yesterday. As you can see I am busy aerating (fountain and compressor) to get that TA down!!!

Video: http://www.durrantfamily.com/movies/aerating.wmv
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pics... and a video

Nice pix, jj! For some reason, I cannot view the movie.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I was able to view the video, nice looking pool
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

good stuff good looking pool
    18*36 oval
    TA-60 sandfilter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all!

BBB is working well!!! My TA is at 180 (from 280 several weeks ago). I think I have used just under two gallons of MA. My CYA is rising as well.. currently at 30 (after being at 0) after adding 8lbs of stabilizer over a span of three weeks. So I am getting close! Hopefully everything will be spot on in a couple more weeks.

Justin

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice pics and video. Your pool looks really, good job. Love the sound of the water fall, may have to get me one.
    AGP, 21'x41'x52", Vinyl liner, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Great looking pool! Nice job...
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover

8. Back To Top    #8

jj durrant can you pleas tell me where you got your aerater
    and how does it work do you just connect to a water hose?
    It sure is nice. I need one so bad .
    Carolina Girl!
    Pentair 1 1/2 Hp
    Pentair clean & Clear Cartridge filter
    14 x 32 FG inground Pool

9. Back To Top    #9

I got the fountain off of eBay. Search for AquaGlow Rainbow Fountain. Yes, it simply connects to the water house. It also comes with attachments to hook it to your returns.

10. Back To Top    #10

I should have taken some pics of my setup. Our PH was like 6.9 and I needed to bring it up fast. The return breaking surface wasn't fast enough, so I got a little "Redneck" in my aproach. I ductaped a 5 foot section of 2" PVC pipe(leftover from piping) to a 10' piece of that flexible drain hose that you put on a downspout and taped that to an electric leafblower. Then I made the PVC stay under by putting it between the rungs on our ladder and turned it on. It looked AWESOME and the PH went from 6.9 to 7.3 in just over 1.5 hours. Just make sure the leaf blower doesn't fall into the water.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

11. Back To Top    #11

jjdurrant,

Very nice pool that you have. And such clear water too!

Some of the pictures show a clear 90 degree elbow. Can you tell me more about these? Why did the poolbuilder use these instead of "normal" elbows?

Thanks!

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

12. Back To Top    #12

^^ thanks. No idea about the bends. This is our first year and the pool has been here at least 15 years.

13. Back To Top    #13

Nice looking pool and great video. I guess aerating does make quite a bit of difference. I'm going to keep that in mind once my pool is up and running.

-Tom

Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by jjdurrant
    Thanks all!

BBB is working well!!! My TA is at 180 (from 280 several weeks ago). I think I have used just under two gallons of MA. My CYA is rising as well.. currently at 30 (after being at 0) after adding 8lbs of stabilizer over a span of three weeks. So I am getting close! Hopefully everything will be spot on in a couple more weeks.

Justin
    Justin,

In theory, every 10 ppm TA reduction in your 25,000 gallon pool takes 8 cups of full-strength Muriatic Acid (31.45% Hydrochloric Acid) so that would be 5 gallons. So I'm not sure why you were able to use so much less. The CYA doesn't have any effect on the MA amount as the CYA acidity is offset by it's increase to TA.

Also, the rate of drop seems slower than usual. Is your pool at a pH of 7.0 or 7.2 or are you just keeping it closer to 7.5 and not minding taking longer to get the TA lower?

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Some of the pictures show a clear 90 degree elbow. Can you tell me more about these? Why did the poolbuilder use these instead of "normal" elbows?
    Most "sweep" 90's are not schedule 40 and subsequently not pressure rated nearly as high if at all. Many builders insist on using only scedule 40 PVC.

I have good success with sweep 90's because pool pressures are far, far below the ratings of schedule 40. IMO, schedule 40 on a pool is somewhat similar to wearing a belt with suspenders except on buried pipe for the crush resistance.

Hydraulically, I think the sched40 90's add little resistance as opposed to the sweeps but they obviously add some....I'm not sure.

Aesthetically, the sweep 90's seem a little more appealing to me...not sure why.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

Nice PVC work as well.

We'll be doing an A/G next Spring surrounded by deck due to our property and one thing I've been looking at on the forum is the great work with Schedule 40 that others have done.
    33'x15' x 52" Aqualeader
    Gallons ? - (I use appx 13,500 to calculate "stuff")
    33 x 15 x 4.3 x 5.9 = 12,558. or . . The Pool Calculator = 14,400
    Hayward S-166T 100Lb Sand Filter - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1HP Pump
    Intex S.W.G.