Have lagoon, seeking Creature

Looks like the pool calculator comes up with 196 oz of 8.25% bleach so basically 1.5 gal jugs to get to your target of 24. Hopefully you're using the 10ml line and multiplying by .5? Or I've seen where some say at that level you could get away with a 5ml sample and each drop will be 1ppm. Anybody want to chime in if this is ok?

cpowderly said:
Or I've seen where some say at that level you could get away with a 5ml sample and each drop will be 1ppm. Anybody want to chime in if this is ok?

That would be fine, especially at the start of the SLAM process ... until you start to need to check the CC and OCLT.

If you prefer, you can add 10oz of pool store liquid chlorine 12.5% for 1 ppm FC. It's a nice easy way to add chlorine. I don't know how easy this is to get in your parts of CA. This works because you have a 10k gallon pool, like I do.

Sounds like you are making progress.

Go with what everyone is telling you. Have faith in the process and you will be happy you did. This is a great site and lots of great people to help guide you through the process. Won't be long and you will be posting pictures of a sparkling pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.