Blue Cloudy Water

Apr 15, 2013
Graham, NC
Ok I have blue cloudy water, me and my wife, have been doing the slam treatment, we are not at home during the day, but we check 3 times a day, before wark 7am, then lunch 12 or so then evening after sun settles, and never with in an hour of adding bleach. We have maintained over 24 FC at alltimes and took 3 days to break the greeen color of algea. We have had blue cloudy water only today. We will continue with this process till our late night reading stays with in 1ppm with our morning reading. But my question I havent seen answered yet is, when you achieve the 1ppm reading over night vs morning testing, will the cloudiness go away?

We averaging about 6 gallons of bleach a day to maintain above the 24 FC it has peaked to 35 at its hishest point but only once. Just cant get the 1ppm difference. We add at morning noon and night. We use the pool calculator for 28 FC readings, and adjust our bleach according to that. The one time 35 reading I believe was from using 8.75 vs 6% and changing the calculator to do so.

will the cloudiness go away?
Yes, but how long that will take depends a great deal on the capacity and quality of your filter and your efforts to vacuum and brush the pool.

If your filter is undersized (probably) that is going to increase the length of time it will require to clear your pool.

Thanks Dave, I did change out to all new sand, redid all the plumbing, but its still just a standard sand filter. I just wasnt sure how long the process could take as well. But I will keep at it. from all this testing I will ordering some replacements as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.