Back flush water for garden?

Jun 20, 2013
I do not have to back flush very often, but what do you guys think about recycling back flush water for my garden? I have a few rain barrels that are hooked up to the gutters, but sometimes run dry due to lack of rain. Any concerns from pool chemicals hurting the veggies or the people that eat them? :shock:

Bama - Interesting concept...I get the CL deterioration - are you suggesting the other chemicals (CYA, Borax, salt content, etc.) are not harmful for use as garden water? This could be a really great way to recycle my backwash (although this year wouldn't have needed it). Thanks in advance.

Best,

Sciz

The other chemicals are really trace amounts, except for salt in an SWG pool. I might not use SWG water, and I wouldn't exclusively use pool water, but pool water should be just fine. Once you take out the chlorine algae sure likes it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.