Imagine this.....down to the last minute on plaster. Haha!

Aug 1, 2013
We are also trying to make our final decision on pool surface. Debating paying the extra for primera stone. I can't figure out whether Tahoe Coast would be best or Black Kona. Our tiles around the pool are a turquoise color. Is the smooth surface worth the extra money over Satin Matrix?

Re: Imagine this.....down to the last minute on plaster. Hah

I'm not a fan of black/dark/dark blue finishes, so that's an easy one for me...I like the naturally blue water best. As for the cost being worth it I think is totally personal. If the smoothness is worth it to you then do it. If I could afford it, I absolutely would without question. Unfortunately, it will be all we can do to afford the pool we want with a good pebble.

I think the darker the finish the more heat will be retained which could get the water too hot at some points in the summer.

Our friends have an inground pool with the pebbletech finish in a dark blue "lagoon" type color and their pool is definitely much warmer than our other friends who have a white smooth plaster bottom pool. I would certainly consider what the finish and color will do to the water temperature before making that final decision. Of course, I live in Texas, where the summer heat is killer and sometimes taking a dip in the pool feels like a warm bath... Those in cooler climates might not have to worry about that as much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.