Well, I did get One nice swim, then I noticed broken pins

Jul 22, 2013
:hammer: Well, we got Our pro-series, ultraframe ,Intex type pool up. Had to empty once after our leveling failure (skid steer = laser level twice. We were 3-5.5 inches off. So we emptied it, dug out the high poles allowing for different depths by using laser level again and noting with a marker height on each leg. I then handdug with a pick the leg holes to level legs (it was high on opposite sides, think a bowl effect.) We allowed space for legs to move out also. All seemed well. We got it with in the allowable 2". We did notice one pole bowing, so hubby jacked it up and straighten pole. We had used the 3 extra pins that came with it as , some of the holes were a bit tough to line up. Today I swam. nice. Then second swim (after 2" of rain added to pool,close to thinking of draining some off ). Noticed that one of the pins that was broken on one side, the flangeie thing. was now at an angle starting to move. Another pin is broken off and top on the ground on another pole.
So I can get more pins I believe by asking or there are some on Amazon, or can we rig a bolt and screw? Hubbys on phone, doesn't know yet. Not gonna be happy :oops: . Also the t has moved on the broken one about 1/2-1" so that can't be safe.

Suggestions or fixes for the broken pins? Perhaps me swimming made the pins give. Yes We also notice one or two ts tipping inward. The rest look flat,it is the ones we 'didn't dig in'. Almost like they settled.(we are talking Ga. hard clay rock here.).
I can now say that installing the other "normal" AG 24 pools was easier , even with the wind shipping the metal all over..

Re: Well, I did get One nice swim, then I noticed broken pin

Charlie_R said:
Stainless steel 3/8" bolts will work, measure the length of an unbroken pin, and add 1/4 - 1/2" length for your bolt length. Nuts are optional.

Used these on my old Intex. When I disposed of that pool and went bigger I kept all the nuts and bolts for the "just in case" We did use nuts but I believe wing nuts would be much easier to get on and off if you take your pool down.

Re: Well, I did get One nice swim, then I noticed broken pin

Well, here is what hubby did, he got out some straps with ratchets and ratcheted the opposing legs together at the top, so it doesn't move anymore,a we wrapped the ratchets in towels so they wouldn't maybe put a hole in liner. Then I of course ordered a package of pins from the manufactuer and they have shipped. I had some eyebolts ready, but hubby said that will scratch and rust the t's. Says we won't have to empty (again). :party:
(yes , this has been more trouble getting perfect than the other 4 pools we have owned, not withstanding we are older and more cratchety :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.