converting Blue Haven to use T-15 cell

Aug 1, 2013
I have a Blue Haven (Goldline) SWG from around 2007. It uses a T-5 cell, which I cannot get anymore. I tried a T-15 cell, with no luck. The "high salt" light comes on and stays on, and there's zero chlorine in the pool. I read on this forum somewhere that the Blue Haven/Goldline circuit board has a jumper to switch from a T-5 cell (now obsolete) to a T-15 cell.

I've found a marking on the board that says "T-15", but there are no pins for a jumper. The marking shows open circuit for T-5, and a connection for T-15. There are two solder pads next to the markings. I can very easily solder a wire between the two solder pads, but the post that I read said there should be jumpers.

I don't want to ruin the board (although it may be a moot point if I can't use a T-15 cell) by shorting the two solder pads.

Has anyone heard of, or experienced this situation ? Did you solder a wire to use a T-15 cell ?

Thanks,
Steve
11,000 gals, ig, plaster, salt, 2sp pump, pool built 2007, 2nd owner, no manuals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.