How to level patio for small AGP

Hello,

I finally received my 8' easy set "soaker" pool a couple of weeks ago and was all ready to set it up for my pregnant wife and myself to soak in but after clearing off an area on our 10' x10' cement patio I realized it slopes more than I thought it would. It appears to drop off about 3" over an 8' area. The baby is coming any day now and I wanted this to have for my wife to relax in WHILE pregnant but this is turning into a bigger project than anticipated. What would be the cheapest/easiest way to rectify this? I thought about building a small platform out of a couple sheets of plywood but not sure if it will have too much weight on it. Also thought about bringing in sand or gravel, not sure if I love that idea either. I also have a couple 4x8 sheets of styrofoam to put under it for some cushion. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

The only thing I don't like about bringing in sand is that I will have to get rid of it if I want to use my patio for anything else after the pool season and then bring it back the next season if I want to set it up again. That being said, is sand better to use than gravel? Is one cheaper than the other? Would I have to bring in a bunch of sand for the entire pool site or could I get away with just putting it mostly to one side and taper it up to be level with the existing concrete?

How about a bunch of pressure treated 2x4's, that you cut in a wedge shape to level the ground, and then you screw/glue them all together side by side. Don't know where you would store it.

My quess is 64 of the 8' ers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.