Yet another vacation question

MT

Jun 27, 2013
Orange County, NY
I'll be gone for a week with nobody to look after things. Here are my current numbers...

FC 12
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 110
CYA 90

I cannot do a large scale drain and refill to get my CYA down, I plan on doing that at the beginning of next season. So I just need to work with what I've got. I do currently have in my possession:

Enough bleach to raise pool to shock level
A bucket of 3" trichlor pucks and a floater (from last season)
A couple bags of sodium dichloro granular "shock"
A dark blue solar cover

Any recommendations?

Do you know about how much FC you lose per day ?

What I'm getting at is seeing if you can bring it to shock level and not drop out of range with the cover on till you get back. The pucks will add more CYA and it's already high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There's a high shock level of 49. That would prop keep you in range. It's for mustard algae.

Pucks are the other option. With the cover on and a FC level of 23 do ya think you could make it ?

Next season when you drain and refill use our methods of pool maintenance and you won't have high CYA levels. If they were in the 30-50 range 40 being nice you would have some room for just a case like this.

When you return and if the pool went south we can help you out. I think you should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.