Converting Hayward H200 back to Natural gas??

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all. My neighbors picked up a Hayward H200 (electronic ignition model) pool heater. The previous owner had converted it over to run on LP.....so it had an LP ONLY gas valve in it, and the burner orifices were the size #43 for LP gas. It's been a number of years since I converted mine from LP to NG, and mine was a millivolt unit, so a bit different. Anyway, I took the burner assemble out and replaced the burner's brass orifices with the #30 NG orifices, and then I unscrewed the LP valve, and installed the original NG valve that came with the unit. SO FAR SO GOOD.

Now, there were two wires connected to the LP valve, one was white, and the other was kind of an "orangish/red color". on the LP valve they were just installed on two tabs labeled "MV"

On the Natural Gas valve, I am NOT sure which "tab" the wires reconnect to. Can anyone help me out??

Here's a few photos:

the first is the LP valve I took out. The next two are with the old NG valve installed and you can see the two wires that need connecting yet.

Is there just the two tabs on the NG valve as well? If so it does not matter which wire goes on which tab. The circuit will complete either way. If for some reason the control board does not like the configuration then you can swap them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.