Should I cancel pb?

May 7, 2013
I have no idea if I'm getting frustrated over something that just happens when you build or if I should cancel contract.

Pb keeps pushing us back. Said 3-4 weeks when we signed. Last week he said again 3-4 weeks. When we signed he said end of july early aug latest...now we are in aug and no start date in sight.

Im to the point where I'm going to cancel, but I'm not sure if it just takes long and I have unreasonable expectations... Wouldn't be first time

Any advice it suggestions. It will be 8 weeks

That's what happened to us and then the 3 week build is now 2 days away from 3 months. My builder is highly reputable, so I don't know what advice to offer. People say we won't care how long it took once its done, I have a hard time believing that!

This took longer than building a house!!!

I think that is normal. Especially if your area has had a lot of rain like we have had this summer. Ours was delayed 6 weeks and we only needed him to dig and put up walls. If he said late July early August seeing it is only August 1st I would not get to worried. I know you are anxious but if he is reputable I would not worry if I was you. If you went with someone else you would be at the back of their list, especially this late in the season and them deal with their delays. It's just the nature of the construction business. No one starts when they think they will be able to. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.