Considering Intelliflo pump

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
I posted about this yesterday and it got lost in the transition. DOH!

The low speed on my pump has died, so now I have a 1-hp pump which is too powerful for my pool (smaller dirt blows right thru the filter and back into the pool). I have no timer or controller on the main pump; used to run it 24/7 on low. That worked very nicely; I used high speed for backwash.

The upshot is that I will need a new pump, tho it's not extremely urgent since I do have circulation. The Intelliflo has been recommended to me; it's very appealing b/c of the built-in controls (timer, etc.) and automatic variable speed. However, while looking at the online pool stores, I found lots of different accessories. Are any of these required adjuncts to the Intelliflo pump? After all, the pump itself is pricey, so I don't want to commit to that and then discover the expenses are just beginning. . .

I would like to do some upgrading of my equipment, and the Intelliflo would be the beginning of that process. If I decide to go that route, anyway!

TIA for responses, advice, and suggestions.

I just installed my Pentair IntelliFlo VF3050. I'm having it do about 10% of what it can do without the separate control system. I just use the control on the pump. Right now it is pumping 45 GPM at 710 watts.

The pump is quiet. Also, you have to learn how to operate the pump.

Don't forget, the pump has 2 inch inlet and outlet. Also, 10 inches of straight pipe before the inlet.

See and read about the pump.

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/products3.php?id=76

I bought the 4x160 (3050) intelliflo for my new pb. Mostly for electrical savings but also for functionality. I purchased it from saveonpoolsupplies.com which is a subsidiary of in the swim.
They have a four month same as cash payment plan that was a big help to me. :-D

Jules,
We had our pool built last summer and with it came an Intelliflo 4x160. Very quiet, energy efficient. I love to be able to change the speed when I want (i.e. crank it up when toddler wants big bubbler fountain, etc.) I do not have automation controls and have not missed them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.