help!

G

Went on vacation and when we returned our pool was a green swampy mess! We have shocked, used algacide, angry eggs to no avail. The water is slightly cloud but pretty clear in a glass jar but has a green tint. The walls are not slimy, shocked again last night, fc testing very low .5, ph good at 7.5, not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• 0731131702-1.jpg
    0731131702-1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 281
Welcome to TFP !!

1 Do you have a good test kit like the ones we recommend ??
2 You need to read the SALM process in pool school. Follow it to the T.

You haven't been slamming properly. If you don't have the right test kit I highly recommend you get one. Without one this process is going to be hard for you.

What are you testing with now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I have been using the "drop" test kit that came with pool. Where would I find one that u reccommend? The pool store just keeps selling me superrchlor and algaecides, which have improved the color/ clarity but still a light green..

Attachments

• 0731131718-1.jpg
    0731131718-1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 275
Tftestkits.net. Get the TF-100 XL kit best value and the one I use.

I would read the slam process in pool school and bag the pool store advice. Get the test kit and we will help you clear that pool with liquid chlorine (bleach).

No. That is the website I gave you for the test kit. What is the name of the kit you have now ? You need a kit that will read FC levels higher than 5. Also need to know your CYA level.

Three quick questions for you......

What test kit do you own now?

What have you used before to sanitize your pool??

What chemicals do you currently have on hand???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope....the TF-100 is online only at TFTestKit

You've got an algae outbreak on your hands. The only way to clear it up is to SLAM IT

What chemicals have you used to sanitize your pool in the past?

What chemicals do you have on hand???

The TF kit allows you to accurately measure your chlorine (FC) at levels up to 50 PPM and your SLAM is going to require FC in the 12-20 range. The 5-way kit is limited to 5 PPM.

What I know you NEED is bleach or liquid chlorine. Wal-Mart sell the HTH brand or you can use the GreatValue brand. No huge difference other than strength. Price is pretty similar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.