Watercolors light issues

Jul 31, 2013
I have a Jandy Watercolors LEDsystem that doesn't cycle through the colors smoothly. The "color shows" are more like the lights just turn off and on with no smooth transition like I have seen with other Jandy systems. There is also a rather loud "click" sound coming from the control box when the colors change (sounds like a breaker clicking on/off).

Any help greatly appreciated. I have managed to answer most of my pool questions using the search feature but this one has me stumped.

Thanks

My terminology was wrong before. The unit I have that the loud clicking noise is coming from during he color changes is a Jandy Aqualink with a PDA controller. Would send a pic of the actual unit but I am out of town on business till Monday.

Thanks for the help.

When you call Jandy -be prepared to give them the software version of your Aqualink. This usually shows up on your PDA when you first turn on the PDA. One source I saw implied that the Watercolor LED lights were not fully supported until SW version rev "O" ("Oh" not zero).
Best of luck,
Mike

The lights change color settings (when you manually select a new color or mode) via power cycles... is the relay clicking the sound you are hearing? Is it happening at other times other than when you manually select a new mode/color?

You also may want to check if your lights have a "random" mode... one of my Pentair lights came set to random mode... it basically follows the same color sequences but changes at random times to mix it up among different lights. There is a power cycle sequence to get it out of random mode. I am not sure about the Jandy lights.

After going through several steps and a little trial and error it turns out the problem was a faulty breaker in the AquaLink box. Apparently it was getting only a partial connection that created the issues mentioned above. Replace the breaker now everything is working as it should.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.