Selling a pool. Liability?

Jun 13, 2008
Hi all, first let me say thank you for being here! I've read a ton of your posts and done more research and decided that the pool we bought (just an ezset pool) is not what we really want. Unfortunately, I lost my receipt (Dang my scatter brain!) and the store won't take it back so I'm selling it this weekend.

I am wondering if I need to make the person buying it sign some sort of waiver or is it assumed that once she purchases it, she's on her own? The pool comes with the original box, instructions, ect., so she'll have everything I had when I bought it one week ago.

I appreciate your wealth of knowledge and helping us decide we need to go bigger! :)

Shannon

I would say no, you don't need a waiver, however, I am not a lawyer. If it were me I would probably not worry about it. On the other side, nowadays people sue you for looking at them the wrong way. It's a wonderful judicial system :roll: .

Include a bill of sale stating the pool is sold as is and you as the previous owner no longer have any liabilities concerning pool ownership. Get the buyer to sign it and keep a copy for yourself. Hopefully you'll never need it, but just in case.

Thanks to you both! Do you think something like this would be appropriate? I would like to cover myself without weirding out the purchaser, ya know? Do you think this seems like a decent balance?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill of Sale

I _________________________________ am purchasing this pool (model number 318480354) and matching cover from _______________________ and acknowledge this is an as-is purchase and further acknowledge that once this Bill of Sale is signed, _______________________ no longer has any liabilities concerning pool ownership.

Signed: ________________________________________ Dated: ______________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would have thought that as long as you include all of the manuals and booklets that come with the pool containing the usual "trying to breath under water may result in drowning" or "This pool is 2 feet deep - no diving".

Still, I get some people are that daft they might try it .....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.