Hayward T-15 40k SWCG on 33,000 gallon pool HELP PLS

Bigike

Jul 31, 2013
We have been battling a low chlorine level since the pool was started in February 13. First issue we had for 3 months was the builder installed the Hayward Filter backwards because they changed the inlet and outlet and he didn't read the instructions.

Next our controller went out, install new and the system still doesn't work, we have cleaned the SWG often.

Questions
1. Is my pool to big for a 40k SWG? I run the pool for 14 hours a day on 100%

2. To boost Chlorine, should i use bottled bleach? How much?

3. The PH is always high... off the chart, we balance with Mur acid. What causes this.

That s all i can think of, i'm offshore right now.

Thanks,

Welcome to TFP.

You're real close on size for the swg, but we need to determine if it's a size problem or a chem balance problem. In order to do that you need a good test kit and some good test results.

Do you have any test results that you can post?

I don't right now, but i will get those from my wife (i'm offshore) and enter them into that nifty pool calculator and post it here...

I bought a salt tester today, should be at the house tomorrow. i don't trust this Hayward control panel.

The generation of FC by the SWG actually causes the pH to rise, and could be worse if your TA is high. You are running that SWG a lot, so you are going to struggle with the pH.

Likely you will need to do the OCLT to see if something is in the water consuming the FC that is being generated.

Or if your CYA is too low, then the sun may be consuming a lot of the FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.