Jandy Aquapure Service Code 120 Issues

Jul 30, 2013
Started receiving service error code 120 on a five year old Aquapure cell. Tried acidwash, but still didn't solve the problem (the DC cord looked fine). So I figured I would bite the bullet and purchased a new PLC700 kit with new cell, DC cable, and sensor.
I installed the unit yesterday and it was fine - no service code.
Went and checked it this morning, and the 120 code came back on (the cell is on and shows flow). About 20 minutes later, the service code vanished. About 15-20 minutes later, it came back on again.
I've noticed that it has been doing that all day today - on, off, on, off...
Any ideas?
HELP :)

So I turned off the unit (after reading that may be the issue), and turned it back on. Everything reset - seemed fine.

Within about 15 minutes, now it reads a 121 service code. What the heck!?!

One thing (I'm not sure if it matters), the old cell (tan colored/may have been a 1400) had three pins on top that the DC cord pushed onto. The new grey 700 unit only has two pins on top (even though the end of the two DC cords were identical where they plugged in inside the panel).

HELP - it's driving me crazy! I really don't want to have to call a service tech out (I'd like the satisfaction of knowing I solved the problem myself - with a little help from someone here at troublefreepool.com :-D ).

After testing the back board and cell, I found there to be 35 volts. However, I read there should be 22-28 volts coming from the back board.
Could this higher voltage be the issue that's causing the faults - and if so, is it as simple as replacing the back board?
Anyone...

Jandy Aquapure backboard question...

Topics Merged. This is a classic example where keeping all info in one topic would have made a difference in the advice given. Lets keep all the info in one topic. Bama

Does a cm601 backboard put out more voltage than a cm301?
Changed my cell from a 1400 to 700 and the PCB is putting out 35 volts (instead of the recommended 22-28 volts).
The PCB board in the unit now is the cm601 board (and I keep getting 120/121 service codes). Do I need to install a cm301 to get it to the recommended voltage?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So 35 volts is an issue and may be solved by replacing the backboard?
Should I buy the cm601 that's in the unit now (that was running a 1400 cell), or the cm301 (since I'm running a 700 cell)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.