Air Switch / Air Line problem

TBS

Jul 30, 2013
Hello All. The hot tub next to the pool has an air actuated switch to turn on the blower. The air line has a leak in it and the switch will not work. I have a new plunger switch and a new airline to install. The problem is I can’t get the old airline out of the conduit. It is about 40 feet from the air plunger switch to the relay. I put the water hose on the conduit and blew out a lot of dirty water and waited until I got a good flow of clean water. I have pulled on both ends and can’t get the old line out. I am wondering if the old line has partially melted and stuck to the pipe somewhere. Has anyone run into this? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

I have not tried a fish tape yet. I was hoping I could just tie the new line to the old one and pull them both through but that did not work. I may try to run the fish tape through with the old air line still in there and see what happens.

I had the same thought. I was going to blow all the water out of the conduit with an air compressor and then pour hot water in the conduit and see if that would loosen it up. I like the mineral oil idea. I can see the plastic / rubber just sticking to the side of the conduit pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.