Long story short..
I recently purchased a home with a 13300 gallon plaster pool. The previous owners jacked up the salt levels (4900 ppm) so needless to say the swg wont work until I replace some of the water (a 1 time replacement is not feasible this time of year).
When I am on the lower end for acceptable chlorine levels based on my cya (80-90) the water seems fine. When I add bleach to get to the upper end of chlorine levels or to shock the salt taste seems to really intensify. Is this normal behavior?